Ridgewood Hearing Center has been expertly and compassionately providing hearing aids and hearing services since 1984.

How can I help my family member who is suffering hearing loss? – If you are helping a family member come to grips with their hearing loss, their reluctance to admit the problem is a natural and common occurrence. It can be helpful to involve a trusted family advisor such as your family physician who can support your loved one as they come to terms with their hearing loss.

What is an audiologist? – An audiologist is a healthcare professional specializing in identifying, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disorders of the auditory and vestibular system portions of the ear. Audiologists are trained to diagnose, manage and/or treat hearing or balance problems. They dispense hearing aids and although the vast majority of hearing problems do not require medical or surgical intervention, audiologists are clinically and academically trained to determine those that do need medical referral. They counsel families through a new diagnosis of hearing loss and help teach coping and compensation skills to late-deafened adults.

Does insurance pay for hearing aids? Medicare and most insurance plans cover hearing exams but not hearing aids. A few group plans and specialized insurance plans cover hearing aids. Financing options are also available if you qualify.


Visit us and find out once and for all whether your
hearing loss is caused by wax build-up or
a more serious, underlying medical condition.